While many declare Valentine’s Day to be a manufactured holiday, invented to sell chocolates and make single people feel bad, we beg to differ. You see, we’re softies at heart, and we love love. Not the schmaltzy stuff — you can keep your cellophane-wrapped roses and oversized teddy bears — but when it comes to gazing across a candle-lit table at your boo (or BFF), the tickle of champagne in your nose and a twinkle in your eye, well, we can’t get enough. So if you’re looking for the most romantic Valentine’s Day dinner in Melbourne, allow us to dish up a few Valentine’s ideas.
Lock eyes with your love in a Tropicana paradise at Beyond the Palms
- What cuisine is Beyond the Palms? Contemporary Latin
- Where is Beyond the Palms? 33 Clifton Street, Prahran, Victoria
- When is Beyond the Palms open? Tuesday & Wednesday, 12pm-10pm, Thursday – Sunday, 12pm-11pm
- Does Beyond the Palms offer delivery? Yes.
Nothing says romance like snuggling up with your S.O. under a canopy of swaying palm trees and festoon lights. The team at Beyond the Palms are celebrating February 14 with their Valentine’s Day sharing menu, designed with love, passion, and a whole lotta spice. Start the night right with a glass of Vueve or a cocktail, then get stuck into this Latin-themed feast of totopos, grilled Mexican street corn, mojo fried chicken wings, pork tacos, grilled calamari, and so much more. At $65 per person, this is one of the hottest Valentine’s Day deals Melbourne has to offer.
Treat your sweet with meat at Meatmaiden
- What cuisine is Meatmaiden? Steakhouse, barbecue
- Where is Meatmaiden? 195 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria
- When is Meatmaiden open? Tuesday – Thursday, 5pm-11pm, Friday, Saturday, 5pm-12am, Sunday (14th February ONLY) 5pm-12am
- Does Meatmaiden offer delivery? No.
Did you know that Elvis Presley’s hit Love Me Tender was actually a dedication to his infatuation with steak? Spoiler: it wasn’t really, but the King did love meat – almost as much as the fine folk at Meatmaiden. For a memorable Valentine’s Day dining experience, surprise your little lamb chop with a Valentine’s Day dinner at Meatmaiden. At $100 per head, this hearty menu consists of everything you’d want in a Valentine’s Day feast: oysters with champagne buerre blanc, grilled sausage, striploin with a wild garlic jus, sticky glazed beef ribs, mac and cheese with chunks of sweet lobster, and a bunch of sides that’ll have you swooning.
Indulge in all things spice – and incredibly nice – at Daughter in Law
- What cuisine is Daughter in Law? Indian
- Where is Daughter in Law? 37/41 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria
- When is Daughter in Law open? Lunch Friday – Sunday, 12pm-2:30pm, Dinner Monday – Sunday 4pm-10pm
- Does Daughter in Law offer delivery? No.
Where would a Valentine’s Day dinner be without oysters and caviar? Nowhere! A romantic meal is all about those fresh-from-the-sea oysters, so we’re thrilled to see the little aphrodisiac snacks on Daughter in Law’s very special Valentine’s Day menu ($85 per person). Begin the evening with a mango and thyme bellini or Maharaja’s Punch mocktail, then take a tasting journey with your love: oysters! Balls of happiness (aka gol gappa, aka India’s most loved street food)! Colonel Tso’s cauliflower! Then, hot from the tandoor, enjoy asparagus and bearnaise, followed by a flaming hot tandoori chicken, cooled – just – with a pineapple and jalapeno chutney. After a thali plate of butter chicken, coconut veggies and lamb rogan josh, end the night with a pillowy soft dark chocolate mousse.
Get a little saucy at Rice Paper Scissors CBD
- What cuisine is Rice Paper Scissors CBD? Asian
- Where is Rice Paper Scissors CBD? 15 Hardware Lane, Melbourne, Victoria
- When is Rice Paper Scissors CBD open? Lunch Monday – Friday, 11:30am-3pm, Saturday – Sunday, 11:30am-4:30pm, Dinner Monday – Thursday, Sunday 5pm-9:30pm, Friday, Saturday 5pm-10:30pm
- Does Rice Paper Scissors CBD offer delivery? No.
Indulge your love of Thai, Singaporean and Vietnamese street food with the love of your special someone at the Rice Paper Valentine’s Banquet. With a glass of sparkling or beer on arrival, prepare thy stomach for eight courses of Asian-inspired bliss – an Appellation oyster with Tom Kha dressing, 5-spice quail with green nam jin, crispy barramundi, sticky pork belly with a spicy bean shoot and chilli salad, rose apple salad (romantic, huh?) with crispy chicken skin, BBQ Mekhong lamb ribs, and a braised Cape Grim beef rib massaman curry. This Valentine’s dining experience, priced at $80 a head, ends in the sweetest way possible – we’re talking mango and sticky rice, drizzled with coconut sauce. Cut to the chase and book this experience now.
Impress your amore over an Italian festa at Ms Frankie
- What cuisine is Ms Frankie? Italian
- Where is Ms Frankie? 24 Cremorne Street, Cremorne, Victoria
- When is Ms Frankie open? Lunch Thursday – Saturday, 12pm-3pm, Dinner Tuesday – Saturday, 5pm-11pm, Sunday (14th February ONLY) 5pm-11pm
- Does Ms Frankie offer delivery? No.
While no Melbournites are likely to be travelling to Italy this Valentine’s Day, Ms Frankie’s San Valentino dining experience is the next best thing (no, really). Close your eyes and imagine yourself strolling hand-in-hand with your innamorato through Sicily’s picturesque streets… then open them and tuck into a three-course sharing menu, inspired by love – for lovers. At $85 per person, start with a Sicilian street food board featuring a delicate ball of local burrata and a salad of sweet cherry tomatoes. Move on to hand-rolled gnocchi with a pomodoro sauce, or a Sicilian-style risotto marinara, made with market-fresh seafood and vino bianco. There are salads, of course, but the real kicker comes at dessert, with the Chef’s special tiramisu topped with shaved Belgian chocolate. Mi amore!
Get a bit Prohibition Era with your boo at Eau De Vie
- What cuisine is Eau De Vie? European, Australian
- Where is Eau De Vie? 1 Malthouse Lane, Melbourne, Victoria
- When is Eau De Vie open? Wednesday – Saturday, 5pm-1am, Sunday (14th February ONLY), 5pm-12am.
- Does Eau De Vie offer delivery? No
You’d almost expect to see Al Capone wooing his lady-love at this 1920’s prohibition-themed bar. It’s all wood panelling, low lighting, intimate booths, and rows upon rows of some of the best liquor this side of Chicago (no moonshine though). So grab your complimentary cocktail and pull up a seat at the bar for Eau De Vie’s $89 per head Valentine’s Day Lovers Menu. This three-course sharing menu starts with a classic charcuterie selection, followed by warmed goats cheese with burnt honey and lavender, tuna tartare with sour mango and lemon myrtle, Wagyu beef with mushroom ketchup, mustard greens and whisky pepper, and crispy potatoes with confit garlic. End your evening with a sticky-sweet dessert of strawberries, umeshu and honeysuckle.
Vegan cutie? Treat them to a 10-course degustation at Shu Restaurant
- What cuisine is Shu Restaurant? Asian, vegan
- Where is Shu Restaurant? 147 Johnston Street, Colllingwood Victoria
- When is Shu Restaurant open? Tuesday – Wednesday, 5:30-9:30pm, Thursday – Saturday, 5:30-10:30pm, Sunday (14th February ONLY) 5:30-10:30pm
- Does Shu Restaurant offer delivery? No.
If you’re looking to impress your vegan Valentine, Collingwood’s intimate Shu Restaurant ticks all the boxes: mood lighting, interesting cocktails, an impressive wine list, and – this Valentine’s Day – a Valentine’s Special ten-course vegan menu. Featuring a selection of delicate appetisers, salads, heartier plates, and dessert (of course), these dishes are inspired by China’s southwest Sichuan cuisine, and use some of the best local ingredients on offer. Think fine dining, with a vegan twist, and $85 a pop.
Get lost in each other’s eyes over an Italian feast at Oster
- What cuisine is Oster? Italian
- Where is Oster? 76-78 Bridge Road, Richmond Victoria
- When is Oster open? Lunch Saturday 12-2pm, Sunday 12-3pm, Dinner Wednesday – Saturday 5:30-10pm, Sunday (14th February ONLY), 5:30-10pm
- Does Oster offer delivery? No.
Let the team at Oster take care of you and your love this Valentine’s Day in their cosy little Richmond restaurant. Based on the traditional Italian osteria, Oster has a relaxed, unfussy vibe – the perfect spot for cosying up with a glass of red this February 14. Enjoy a memorable night with their Valentine’s Day 5-course Degustazione, which includes a glass of sparkling on arrival and a selection of the chef’s favourite dishes, inspired by the tastes of Northern Italy and brought to life using some of Victoria’s best regional produce.
Get cheesy at 14 Days of Cheese
- What cuisine is 14 Days of Cheese? Cheese
- Where is 14 Days of Cheese? 263-329 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria
- When is 14 Days of Cheese open? 8am-5pm
- Does 14 Days of Cheese offer delivery? Yes.
What did the cheese say when he looked in the mirror? Looking Gouda! What sort of cheese do you use to hide a horse? Mascarpone! Brush up on your very best cheese jokes, then book your lactose-loving lover into 14 Days of Cheese’s J’adore Fromage Valentine’s Day lunch. Seriously though, this long lunch promises to be an elegant affair, starting with French champagne from Frerejean Frères, followed by creme fraiche and caviar, a decadent lobster mac and five-cheese, and finished with a tasting plate of some of France’s finest cheeses. Priced at $95 per head.
Experience true romance – with unlimited chicken wings at 29th Apartment
- What cuisine is 29th Apartment? American, Italian
- Where is 29th Apartment? 29 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda, Victoria
- When is 29th Apartment open? Thursday, Friday 6pm-12am, Saturday, Sunday 3pm-12am
- Does 29th Apartment offer delivery? No.
If you’re keen to treat your significant other to a truly magical afternoon, it’s hard to go past this very special experience at St Kilda’s 29th Apartment. Indulge in a two-hour session of bottomless chicken wings, served with a sexy selection of sauces, like buffalo, barbecue, maple and chipotle. Could Valentine’s Day get any better? It sure could, with unlimited tins – we’re talking Moon Dog Lager and Pale Ale, as well as a bunch of Seltzer/Fizzer tins. The ultimate in finger-licking good romance, this Unlimited Wings and Tins experience won’t last long!