We know that Valentine’s Day isn’t everyone’s idea of a holiday – all those giant teddy bears, wilting roses, and OTT declarations of love. But when we think of February 14, we think of all the great food we’re going to eat (not to mention the romantic dishes on every V-Day menu – here’s looking at you, oysters). After being locked down for so much of 2020, partake in all the loved-up dishes by taking your special cutie out for a Valentine’s Day dinner in Brisbane. We’ve done the hard yards (no, really, it was tough) to bring you ten of the best Valentine’s Day dining experiences in Brisbane and beyond.
Celebrate love at E’cco Bistro
- What cuisine is E’cco Bistro? Modern Australian
- Where is E’cco Bistro? Shop 8/63 Skyring Terrace, Newstead, QLD
- When is E’cco Bistro open? Lunch Friday 12-3:30pm, Dinner Wednesday – Saturday 6:15-9:30pm, Sunday (February 14 ONLY) Lunch 1pm, Dinner 6:30pm
Two hearts will echo as one as you and your love sit down to enjoy a fabulous Valentine’s Day four-course set menu at E’cco Bistro. This very special experience is available for lunch and dinner at $110 per person. Get things started with a glass of chilled champagne, then sit down to a starter of Ora king salmon with pomegranate, radish and red shiso, followed by E’cco’s classic gnocchi drizzled in truffle sauce and topped with a parmesan crisp. The main meal today is a Black Angus tenderloin, served with beetroot and hibiscus, radicchio and a balsamic jus, while dessert is a perfect white chocolate parfait with passionfruit and yuzu. This is one of the finest Valentine’s Day deals Brisbane has to offer.
Bring your boo (or your whole crew) to Naga Thai – Brisbane
- What cuisine is Naga Thai – Brisbane? Thai
- Where is Naga Thai – Brisbane? 18/45 Eagle Street, Brisbane QLD
- When is Naga Thai – Brisbane open? Lunch and Dinner Tuesday – Thursday 12-3pm, 5:30-10pm, Friday – Saturday 12-11pm, Sunday 12-10pm
- Does Naga Thai – Brisbane offer delivery? No
This Valentine’s Day, the legends at Naga Thai are celebrating love in the best possible way – by including everyone! Whether you’re keen for a date with your S.O. or want to bring along the whole gang, you’re welcome at Naga Thai. Their Valentine’s Day dining menu is one of the best we’ve seen – Massaman beef in a house-made milk bun, pork and tiger prawn egg net, a fiery jasmine tea-smoked duck red curry, and a crispy wok-fried baby barramundi served with a crunchy green apple salad. Pre-purchase their Valentine’s Day Banquet and receive a glass of Perrier Jouet on arrival, and end your eve with banana fritters and roast coconut ice cream.
Profess your love – go on, get it all out – at Black Hide By Gambaro
- What cuisine is Black Hide By Gambaro? Steakhouse
- Where is Black Hide By Gambaro? Top of Queen Street Mall, Brisbane QLD
- When is Black Hide By Gambaro open? Lunch Friday 11:30am-3pm, Dinner Tuesday – Saturday 5:30-11pm, Sunday (February 14 ONLY) 5:30-11pm
- Does Black Hide By Gambaro offer delivery? No
The Beatles got it wrong. Don’t hide your love away. Instead, show your special someone how you really feel, with a Valentine’s Day dinner at one of Brisbane’s most prestigious establishments. Black Hide by Gambaro, overlooking the Brisbane River, is hosting a one-off Valentine’s Day Menu this February 14. At $115 per person, enjoy a four-course feast, starting with an assiette of natural oysters followed by lightly grilled Hervey Bay scallops drizzled in a herb and fennel butter. After a 200g Angus eye fillet served with a simple mixed leaf salad, indulge in a decadent chocolate tasting plate, the perfect dessert for sharing.
Treat your little cutie at Three Blue Ducks
- What cuisine is Three Blue Ducks? Modern Australian
- Where is Three Blue Ducks? 81 North Quay, Brisbane QLD
- When is Three Blue Ducks open? Breakfast Monday – Saturday 6:30-10am, Sunday 7-10:30am Lunch Wednesday – Saturday 12-3pm Dinner Wednesday – Thursday 5:30-9pm, Friday – Saturday 5:30-10pm, Sunday (February 14 ONLY) 5:30-10pm
- Does Three Blue Ducks offer delivery? No
If it’s chilled vibes you want, it’s chilled vibes you’ll get at the riverfront Three Blue Ducks restaurant. This Valentine’s Day let Three Blue Ducks, led by a crew of passionate chefs, wow you and your date with their impressive Valentine’s Dinner (with two seatings: sunset and candlelight for $135 per person). After sipping your welcome glass of bubbles, snack on smoked beetroot with macadamia cheese and Davidson plum, as well as charred scallops on pickled seaweed with lemon puree. For entree, take your pick from burrata, heirloom tomatoes and peach with a fragrant basil oil, wood-roasted Moreton Bay bugs with fermented chilli butter and roasted corn, or a sticky honey-glazed quail with roasted mushrooms, rhubarb puree and a hazelnut dukkah. Main meals serve up a choice of a dry aged pork cutlet with charred onion soubise and roasted apple, wood-roasted John Dory with pickled pipis and farro, and a baked ricotta gnudi – gnocchi made with semolina rather than potatoes – with broccolini and sorrel. The final decision of the evening? Coconut sorbet with charred pineapple and mango, or a pillowy chocolate mousse with raspberry curd and hazelnut crumb. Our advice? Get ‘em both and share.
Cuddle up at Comuna Cantina
- What cuisine is Comuna Cantina? South American
- Where is Comuna Cantina? 12 Creek Street, Brisbane QLD
- When is Comuna Cantina open? Lunch 11am-4pm, Dinner Monday – Thursday 4-10pm, Friday – Sunday 4-11pm
- Does Comuna Cantina offer delivery? Yes
From Valentines to Galentines, Comuna Cantina are celebrating all walks of love this February 14 with their special Valentine’s Day package for two ($89 per person). After quenching your thirst with a welcome wine or beer and whetting your appetite with a starter of corn chips and guac, take your pick from a choice of mains. They’re doing a deconstructed taco board (designed to be shared – how romantic!), grilled cauliflower with chimichurri and tortillas, char-grilled chicken with a finger-licking sticky chipotle glaze, or a Latin pork belly number with sour cream, pickled onion and tortillas. Dessert? Yes please. Comuna Cantina are dishing up a corn panna cotta with salted caramel popcorn. Heaven sent.
Bring your favourite person for a night to remember at Persone Italian Restaurant
- What cuisine is Persone Italian Restaurant? Italian
- Where is Persone Italian Restaurant? 81 North Quay, Brisbane QLD
- When is Persone Italian Restaurant open? Lunch Tuesday – Friday 12-3pm, Dinner Tuesday – Saturday 5:30-10pm, Sunday (February 14 ONLY) 5:30-10pm
- Does Persone Italian Restaurant offer delivery? No
George Street’s Persone Italian is really bringing the love this Valentine’s Day, with their exclusive Valentine’s Day set menu, priced at $115 per person. Gather up your love and settle in for a spectacular four-course extravaganza: tuna crudo with orange, negroni syrup and a parsley emulsion; house-made spaghetti with spanner crab; a 200g Angus eye fillet with eggplant puree and charred leek; and the sweetest dolce in town – Giandijua chocolate, hazelnut, brown butter ice cream. Cue the singers: that’s amore!
Live out your Roman Holiday dreams at Popolo Restaurant
- What cuisine is Popolo Restaurant? Italian
- Where is Popolo Restaurant? River Quay R3 Sidon Street, Brisbane City QLD
- When is Popolo Restaurant open? Wednesday 5-9pm, Thursday – Sunday 12-9:30pm
- Does Popolo Restaurant offer delivery? No
Park the Vespa, shake out your helmet hair, and embrace those Roman Holiday vibes at Popolo for the ultimate in Valentine’s Day dining. Popolo are pulling out all the stops for their Popolove-themed Valentine’s Weekend, a special five-course feast that’d have Audrey Hepburn swooning into her spritz. Start with a classic antipasto board, featuring all your Italian favourites, then follow it up with pancetta-wrapped sea scallops with Yarra Valley caviar. Course three is a braised lamb shoulder ragu with pappardelle, closely followed by a swimmingly good seared barra fillet in a Meditarranean compote with a Moreton Bay bug. And for dessert? Glad you asked. It’s a pink raspberry tiramisu with drunken strawberries, espresso and mascarpone.
Say ‘yah yah’ at ZA ZA TA
- What cuisine is ZA ZA TA? Middle Eastern
- Where is ZA ZA TA? 1000 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley QLD
- When is ZA ZA TA open? Breakfast 6:30-10am, Dinner Thursday 5:30-10pm, All Day Dining Friday – Saturday 12-10pm, Sunday (February 14 ONLY) 5:30-10pm
- Does ZA ZA TA offer delivery? Yes
ZA ZA TA is anything but your average Middle Eastern feast. And this Valentine’s Day they’re going above and beyond to deliver an incredible Valentine’s Day Dinner ($99 per person) to loved-up diners and lovers of food. Following a glass of Taittinger Brut champagne, sit down to a selection of the chef’s favourites. Zucchini flowers with kashkaval and baba ganoush, old-school hummus with an organic egg, and za’atar flatbread just out of the wood oven. Up next? Pumpkin dumplings with burnt chili butter and halloumi, then dive into an eggplant h’raime with yellow tomato gazpacho, tahini and a spring bean salad. ZA ZA TA’s leaving a little bit of mystery on the menu though, with an exclusive – and top secret – Valentine’s dessert to share.
Snare the perfect meal for two at Drum Dining
- What cuisine is Drum Dining? European
- Where is Drum Dining? 12 Longland Street, Brisbane QLD
- When is Drum Dining open? Friday – Saturday 12-11:45pm, Tuesday – Thursday 5-11pm, Sunday (February 14 ONLY) 5-11pm
- Does Drum Dining offer delivery? No
Drum Dining is all about big flavours, fresh produce, and share-style dining – which is pretty much everything you want in a Valentine’s Day dinner, right?! This year, chef Carlen Joseph is dishing up a modern European five-course feast. At $99 a pop, receive a glass of chilled sparkling when you and your special someone walk in the door, then let the talented team at Drum take care of you. This menu hits all the right notes, featuring a range of meats and seafood from local farmers, as well as a wide variety of fresh local produce. Relax on the terrace and enjoy a toe-tappingly good night.
Stop in the name of love at Etsu Izakaya
- What cuisine is Etsu Izakaya? Japanese
- Where is Etsu Izakaya? 2440 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach QLD
- When is Etsu Izakaya open? Daily 4:30-10pm
- Does Etsu Izakaya offer delivery? No
Let’s get right to the heart of the matter: surprise your little dumpling with a Valentine’s Day feast – Japanese style – at Etsu Izakaya’s exclusive experience: Valentine 2021, From Etsu with Love xx. Priced at $270 per couple, you and your love are in for a real treat. After a glass of Louis Roderer champagne, take a dip in the ocean (not literally) with a dish of tuna noodles and spicy avocado, sesame and lemon caviar, rolled crab, pickled zucchini, and Aburi swordfish and Atlantic salmon karokee. Then dry yourself off and wander into the pasture for a Tajima Wagyu beef tenderloin cooked at your table and served with a white asparagus tempura. For your final course, give the nervous butterflies in your tummy some company with Etsu’s famous sweet peach butterfly dessert.